Swier Protection of Private Information (POPI) Policy
1. This notice explains how we at Swier obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI).
2. At Swier we are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully, transparently and securely.
About Swier Company
3. Swier designs, manufacture and distribute interior and exterior household, decorative items as well as personal products and gifts. Our products are available for purchase from our website and from a number of wholesale distributors.
Definition of personal information
4. According to the Act ‘‘personal information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person.
The information we collect
5. We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of understanding your requirements and delivering products and services accordingly. For this purpose, we will collect contact details including your name, surname and address of your choice to deliver the purchased products via courier.
6. We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
7. Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information for the sole purpose of analysing user behavior on our website and improving the browsing experience for our users.
How we use your information
8. We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. In addition, where necessary your information may be retained for legal or research purposes.
9. For example:
- To gather contact information
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other illegal activities
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis
- For audit and record keeping purposes
- In connection with legal proceedings
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes
- Contact you regarding current or new products or services or any other products offered by us or any of our partners. Swier will only contact if you have opted in to receive such correspondence as specified in the Protection of Private Information (POPI) and Consumer Protection Act (CPA)
- Contact you to improve our product selection and your experience on this website
- Allow our suppliers to contact you in order for them to liaise directly with you regarding any faulty products you have purchased which require their specific involvement
Disclosure of information
10. We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you eg couriers. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
11. We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
12. Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security
- Computer and network security
- Access to personal information
- Secure communications
- Security in contracting out activities or functions
- Retention and disposal of information
- Acceptable usage of personal information
- Governance and regulatory issues
- Monitoring access and usage of private information
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents
13. When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
14. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
15. Swier does not collect any credit card or relevant banking information. All payment processing is being routed to a secure service provider (Payfast) that are authorised to collect payment on our behalf. Payfast has various technical security systems in place to ensure secure processing of payment.
Your Rights to the access to information
16. You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us by email us to email@example.com and specify what information you require. We will need appropriate identification to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
17. You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information
General Privacy Processes and Procedures at Swier
19. Swier will treat your personal information as strictly confidential.
20. Swier will take appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access at all times.
21. Swier will notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information.
22. Swier will provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request.
23. Swier will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
24. Swier undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in this policy.
26. Swier will under no circumstances share your information to any person or organisation. Only certain, authorised employees of Swier might have access to your personal information. This information can / will be used to:
27. We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, an order of a court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of fraudulent online payment, Swier is entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
28. We value our clients and users of this website, we are therefore committed to ensuring the privacy of all our clients and users of this website.